Caring, Competent & Professional Services
In our comfortable offices, clients receive support and guidance from our highly trained and experienced staff of psychologists, social workers, counselors, and psychiatrists. Clients in certain specialized programs receive our professional services in the comfort of their own homes. All staff members are committed to providing the optimum level of care in an environment which is warm and professional. Numerous specialized services and programs for people's unique concerns are offered.
A process for planning and supporting the individual receiving services that builds upon the individual's capacity to engage in activities that promote community and honor the individual's preferences, choices, and abilities. The person-centered-planning process involves families, friends, and professionals as the individual desires or requires. When minor children and youth are identified as primary individual, this includes the use of a Family Centered Approach to service planning.
Professional Counseling Center provides private outpatient counseling services for:
• Individual, couple, family, and group therapy
• Psychiatric and medication evaluations and treatment
• Psychological evaluations and testing
• Bariatric and lap band pre-surgical psychological evaluations
• Substance use counseling
• Specialized play therapy for children
• Community Mental Health clients referred for outpatient counseling
• Department of Health and Human Services clients referred for outpatient counseling
All individuals involved in these programs must be referred by the funding
• Family Preservation Programs – must be referred by Department of Health and Human Services
• DHHS Clinical/Outreach Counseling - must be referred by Department of Health and Human Services
• Public Mental Health – must be referred by St. Clair County Community Mental Health
• Families Together Building Solutions (Pathways)
• Family Reunification Program
Depression is a mental illness, which one should not confuse with the short-term emotional distress, anxiety attacks or feeling low, which also are constituents of depression. Anyone can feel low for a brief period of time...
Whether it is social phobia, specific phobia, post traumatic stress disorder, general anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, or similar, it falls under the category of anxiety disorder, and calls for clinical and...
A relationship goes through numerous phases during its life cycle, and it is obvious for it to have a few rough patches. However, the strength of a relationship is reflected in how the couples deal with those ...
Individual treatment is often termed as psychotherapy, and is meant to help people with their emotional issues, which can range in order of their severity or intensity. The main aim of this form of therapy is to change...
Our systematic approach towards couple therapy is defined on the lines of enhancing the communication between the partners, and establishing short term and long term goals, where both the partners would be...
Therapy for Children
There are many emotional issues that find a corner in our heart, and refuse to die down. With time, these issues can transform into a sort of emotional tumor that impacts negatively on our daily life, such as lack of...