Why work for Professional Counseling Center? Ask our staff!
"PCC has been amazingly flexible with my schedule and someone always is willing to help out, I have never worked in a more inviting and pleasant environment."
"We have a lot of opportunities for training, I feel like I get to learn what I want when I want to."
"The supervision staff has been amazing."
"My co-workers are team players and the supervisors are considerate and caring."
Job Openings (2)
Come join the reputable PCC team and experience a family friendly workplace! We offer a competitive salary, benefits, flexible schedule, staff enrichment, and the strong potential for advancement!
We are currently hiring for full or part time positions in the Mental Health field providing therapeutic services to individuals of all ages in St. Clair County. The position offers a flexible schedule, access to free Clinical training, individual and relationship building with other service providers in the community. The position entails a combination of in-person and remote work, with the ability to set most of your own schedule. The position requires a Master’s Degree in the Human Services field (Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology) with a clinical license (LMSW, PHD, LPC, LP). Flexibility is essential, organization with scheduling is key, and the ability to work evening hours is required. Life is short, work somewhere you will love!
- Salary to start for training purposes. Fee Split once a case load is established
- Ability to advance
- Free Evidence-Based Practice Training
- Free licensure supervision
- Cofinity Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible scheduling
- Remote work for up to 20% of work related tasks (paperwork and supervision)
- Paid sick time earned monthly from date of hire, ability to use after 90 days of employment
- Paid vacation time earned from date of hire, ability to use after three (3) months of employment and case coverage during your vacation
Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Families First - Human Services Worker
Professional Counseling Center (PCC) – Marlette Michigan- Full time position covering family home based services in the 3 county area – Lapeer, Tuscola and Huron.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can help others that offers a flexible work schedule? Then PCC is the place for you! PCC understands the importance of work and life balance and the Families First program offers this flexibility. You are able to get your work time in and attend to personal needs by working a flexible schedule during the week.
- To provide in-home, crisis oriented, and appropriate intensive services to families with children at risk of out-of-home placement.
- The Family First Worker coordinates the delivery of services for the purpose of increasing the family’s ability to function successfully in its community.
- Works cooperatively with other services including referring staff from the Department of Health and Human Service.
- Monitors and ensures the safety and well-being of all assigned clients.
- Provides all necessary service referrals and/or direct services to any/all family members to meet any/all individual, family or program goals.
- Works cooperatively with any/all service providers.
- Maintain thorough, timely and accurate documentation in client records, and records all progress made by the clients.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in the human services field, i.e.Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Family and Child Development, Family Services, Criminal Justice or other human services fields; unable to accept teaching degrees.
Experience: Prefer one year of directly related in-home service regarding parenting, child development or prevention services. Field experience working with children and families with multiple problems and the overall ability to relate to and engage with families is paramount.
Skills: Social Work and human services practice skills, interpersonal skills, time management skills, conflict resolution skills, computer skills, collaboration skills and documentation skills.
Transportation: Reliable and ongoing as required to make home visits and provide transportation as needed to families; valid unrestricted driver’s license, good driving record and proof of vehicle insurance coverage.
State of Michigan Licensing Requirements: Satisfactory DHHS Central Registry Clearance, ICHAT, National and State Sex Offender Registry check and State Police Record Check.
Salary: Starting at $31,000 /year and increases depending on experience.
Competitive benefits offered:
- Ability to advance
- Cofinity Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & long term disability
- Paid sick time earned monthly and can be used after 90 days of employment
- Paid vacation time earned monthly and can be used after 6 months of employment
- Flexible schedule and remote work for some job tasks, such as training, and meetings
- Paid time for council, committee or board activities
- Eight paid holidays per year
“E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security”